The Site is operated by Grad Ventures Ltd, a UK company and its associated companies (collectively, “Grad Ventures”, “we”, “our” or “us” as the context requires). To contact us, please email email@example.com
We do not assure that our Site, or any content within, will always be available. We may suspend or remove or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You are accountable for your usage of the Site and for any use of the Site made using your account. You agree not to access, copy, or otherwise use the Site, including our intellectual property and trademarks, except as otherwise authorized in writing by Grad Ventures. When using our Site, we ask you to act sensibly and correctly with us and with others. Your continued access to our Site is contingent on your agreement to act in a proper manner. When using our Site:
You will not copy, distribute or disclose any part of the Site in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated "scraping".
You will not use any automated system, including "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., to access the Site in a manner that sends more request messages to Grad Ventures servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that Grad Ventures grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the publicly available searchable indices of the materials, not caches or archives of such materials).
You will not attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site.
You will not take any action that we determine, in our sole discretion, imposes or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You will not upload invalid data, viruses, worms or other software agents through the Site.
You will not collect or gather any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site except as otherwise authorized in writing by Grad Ventures.
You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, use a fictitious name, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
You agree that any information provided to Grad Ventures through the Site is truthful and accurate.
You agree to not violate any law or regulation when using the Site, and you are responsible for such violations.
You will not use our Site to post any false, misleading, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, invasive, threatening, harassing, inflammatory or fraudulent content.
You agree not to cause, or aid in, the destruction, manipulation, removal, disabling, or impairment of any portion of our Site, including the de-indexing or de-caching of any portion of our Site from a thirty party's website, such as by requesting its removal from a search engine.
You will not upload any content to our Site that includes any third party intellectual property unless you have permission from the owner to use it in the specific manner that you used it.
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice for taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate or up to date. Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties these are provided for your information only. Such inks should not be interpreted as approval by Grad Ventures of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
Upon submitting any application on the Site for a job advertised on the Site or being introduced to such role by Grad Ventures, you warrant that you have not applied to the same position before or have allowed any third party to apply on your behalf for that position.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, if you post content or submit material to the Site, including photographs or marks or logos, you grant Grad Ventures a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable (except as described herein), fully paid, royalty-free, sub licensable (through multiple layers of sub-licensees) right and license to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, prepare derivative works from and otherwise exploit all such content and materials for on the Site and any other promotional material of Grad Ventures. Furthermore, you grant Grad Ventures, its affiliates, and sublicenses a non-exclusive license to use your corporate name, logo, trademarks and other intellectual property on the Site or any other promotional material of Grad Ventures. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
The Site includes information and materials uploaded by other users of the Site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our view or values. If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The design of the Site along with Grad Ventures created text, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to Grad Ventures, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under UK and foreign laws and international conventions. Grad Ventures reserves all rights in and to the Site. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distributing any Marks or any other content contained within the Site unless we have given you express written permission to do so.
Any information provided to Grad Ventures through the Site will be stored and used in accordance with our Privacy Statement as set out on the Site.
(1) the use or inability to use the Site;
(2) Statements or conduct of any third party on the Site; or
(3) any other matter related to the Site, whether based on warranty, copyright, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory.
The Site is provided to you as is, for your information only. To the extent permitted by law, Grad Ventures expressly disclaims all warranties, representations, and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties and / or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. You agree that you are releasing us from any liability that we may otherwise have to you in relation to or arising from our Site for reasons including, but not limited to, failure of our Site, or negligence of any other tort, other than where such liability arises out of law and cannot be contracted out of. To the extent permitted by law, Grad Ventures makes no warranty, representation or condition that:
(1) The Site and will meet your requirements;
(2) Your use of the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free;
(3) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate and reliable; or
(4) any errors in the will be corrected.
1. Grad Ventures may require you to supply it with personal data (as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, the "Ordinance") in connection with the provision of our products and services. Personal data includes names, contact details, location etc. from which it is practicable for the identity of an individual to be ascertained. Failure to supply such personal data to us may result in Grad Ventures being unable to provide the relevant products or services.
2. Personal data collected may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
a. provide our products and services to you including responding to enquiries, providing recommendations on products and services (including job/recruitment opportunities), inviting and allowing you to participate in our events and promotions, providing privileges or discounts and fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, and processing of your payments);
b. to provide you with employment and recruitment services;
c. to provide you with direct marketing communications in relation to our products and services, which may be sent by Grad Ventures or our group companies or jointly with other business associates in the recruitment and human capital industry;
d. matching your personal data with information provided to Grad Ventures via other means;
e. to analyse trends, usage and behaviour with Grad Ventures and for the purposes of improving our products and services and to respond to customer wants and preferences.
3. Personal data held by Grad Ventures will be kept confidential but Grad Ventures may disclose or transfer such personal data (whether within or outside the UK) for the above purposes to:
a. any agent, contractor or third-party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, marketing and research, data processing or other services to Grad Ventures in connection with its operation or provision of products and services;
b. any prospective employer who is looking to provide you with employment (either now or in the future);
c. any person with your express or implied consent;
d. any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Grad Ventures including without limitation, Grad Ventures’s staff and other business associates/organizations which have undertaken to keep such information confidential;
e. any person or entity to whom Grad Ventures is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law or rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities binding on Grad Ventures or with which Grad Ventures is expected to comply;
f. to Grad Ventures’s group companies and business associates (including for direct marketing purpose); and
g. if we decide to sell any relevant part of our business, to any actual or proposed assignee, transferee or successor (including for direct marketing purpose).
4. Grad Ventures may use the personal data or transfer the personal data to Grad Ventures’s group companies or business associates in the recruitment and human capital industry or actual or proposed assignee, transferee and successor for use in direct marketing. The products and services marketed include recruitment and human capital related products and services. The personal data that may be used or transferred includes the name, contact details and use of services information (as updated from time to time). If you wish to exclude your personal data for direct marketing purposes, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
5. Grad Ventures has security systems in place to ensure your personal data are not subject to unauthorised access.
6. Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and guidelines issued pursuant thereto, any individual may:
a. check whether Grad Ventures holds data about him/her and request access to such data;
b. request Grad Ventures to correct any data relating to him/her which is inaccurate; and
c. request Grad Ventures to specify its policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Grad Ventures.
7. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Grad Ventures has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
8. If you wish to exercise any of your rights specified in Clause 5 above, please address your request in writing to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. If you are at any time requested to supply personal data about a third party, you are requested to pass a copy of this Statement to the relevant third party so that he/she is aware of his/her rights under the Ordinance.
10. Grad Ventures will keep the personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal data was collected. You have the right to remove your personal data anytime and Grad Ventures reserves the right to delete data which it believes to be obsolete.
11. Grad Ventures reserves the right to make amendments to this statement. If at any point Grad Ventures decides to use or process personal data in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, Grad Ventures will notify you prior to implementing the change and your express consent will be needed before Grad Ventures uses or processes your personal data in such manner.